Tuesday, May 22, 2018

San Francisco and Bad News

Hi friends,
We made it to San Francisco in one piece and got to our gorgeous bed and breakfast, Chateau Tivoli in the Alamo District. This area is right by The Painted Ladies aka the houses from Full House!

Unfortunately, I have not been doing well. You may have read between the lines in my blog, but I have glossed over a bunch of it. I'm having a lot of gastrointestinal trouble due to either the amount of driving, the altitude, just being worn down since the wedding, or some combination of all three. This has kept me from being able to eat well and I have visibly lost weight. It has also kept Aaron and I from fully enjoying these amazing places we are visiting.

Yesterday I spent most of the day in bed, hoping that a day of rest at low altitude would help get me back on my feet. I am a bit better, but I'm still not 100%. We decided that we had to make the very no fun decision of sending me home on a flight from San Francisco to Des Moines today. As sad as I am to miss out on all the adventures we had planned and to cut our honeymoon short, my health comes first and I'm just not recovering fast enough on the move.

Aaron will be taking care of getting the Escape Campervan back to Denver and then heading home. He may stop on a few more Parks on the way if the urge strikes, and who could blame him?

Anyway guys, sorry that I had to cut the story short. See (most of) you soon.

Amelia

P.S. Here are some cool pictures of our bed and breakfast!








No comments:

Post a Comment